Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pissed Off

Yes I do get pissed off, especially when someone I really care about has a setback while following their dream.
The latest disappointment for me is my daughter Sarah's foot which hurts so bad she can't run. She started running a few months ago and worked up to a good solid 3 mile run, then it went to hell in a handbasket when what I think is tendinitis flared up in a foot.
I've had setbacks too but deal with my personal issues better than I deal with other peoples's issues.

Why that is I don't know, I just know that it is.

Freaking brilliant? Now get well and back to kicking butt Sarah.

By the way, I ran the annual Chicago Zoo Run 5k this morning with another Sara here in the Windy City and had a fantastic morning and good solid run so I'm scrambling back after a long layoff. It was Sara's first run in seven months and she was thrilled to know she hadn't lost it all, and that made me feel good all over. Ahhhh, yes I know I'm a fluffy ol' fart and it doesn't take much to make me happy these days.

Back from two weeks vacation with family and feeling frisky, well at least refreshed. Carry on wayward sons and daughters!

1 comment: