Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Start Training Now!

Okay, I have to make a quick post here and let whomever might stumble on to this freakin goofy blog that I'm officially in training for next year's (2009) Chicago Marathon.
My daughter Sarah was bitten by the running bug and is starting to crank out the miles now, getting for next year's Chi Thon and I plan to be there on the course, even if I can't keep up with her.
Somehow I have to get through at least one more marathon before I stumble off into the sunset.
Who knows, maybe more than one?
Dunno.
So far this year 2 5Ks, NY morning 13 min pace, another one 12 min and the annual Shamrock Shuffle here in the Windy City at 12 min for 8K, 5 miles.
Needless to say, I have a lot of work to do so wish me well.
Check out Sarah's blog and kick her ass for me.
I'm headed back to the land of corn and oz the last two weeks of May and run some freakin hills with her, I think:)

Keep on truckin!

3 comments:

WendyCity Productions said...

Yay, Sam! You didn't mention the marathon to me when I ran into you at the park today. Are you training with CES?

RunnerGirl said...

Howdy Stranger! Nothing like a marathon commitment to get you back into training, eh? It's going to be great. I look forward to reading all about your progress, and Sarah's too.

RG

Sarah Haig said...

Wow ya, we're gonna tackle these bluffs! Makes you tough right? Bring it on!!!!!