Sunday, September 02, 2007

As We Age

I've been going to write a blog on how discouraging and unmotivating it is to continue hearing the drumbeat of this society as to how the world is ending now that I'm older.

My writing would have just been another pointless venting at how we're programmed to fail so I found this nifty little quote online that pretty well sums up how I feel about getting older or aging or whatever in the hell you want to call our condition.

Enjoy!


"I train people in their 60s who can kick butt," says Robert Reames, a Studio City, Calif.-based Gold's Gym Fitness Institute expert. "If you're a 65-year-old in good shape, you can accomplish what an average 25-year-old can accomplish."

Okay goddammit!

Go kick butt and shut the hell up about getting older:)

4 comments:

Deb said...

Sam...you are priceless! (and absolutely right!) I'm gettin out of your way!! ;)

Lora said...

As the baby boomers age, it is going to be "cool" to be older. So hang in there!!

Pssst--I just got my AARP card. I'll wear it around my neck at my first Ultra in February!!

Kick butt hard out there!!

Sarah Haig said...

Just tellin' it like it is! Love ya!

Soapin' Cindy said...

You said it Sam! I wouldn't go back to 20 for nothing. I'm in better shape now and I'm not so flipping dumb. The world doesn't belong to the dumb and the young! Getting older doesn't have to be so negetive. Hang in there Sam! I've been thinking about you.