Sunday, June 22, 2008

Struggling!

Ran or tried to do something resembling running this morning in the Miles For Malawi 5k race in Lincoln Park.
It was a nice morning but I struggled worse than I did last Sunday so I'm getting pretty discouraged and frustrated.
I keep thinking that if I stay with it I'll get a breakthrough someday but it's just not happening.

I know I should be grateful to be able to trot a little, and I am, but I want to get back that feeling that I can turn it on and off whenever I want.

Right now, I'm just involuntary shutting down, and I don't like it one bit.

I hope your runs and training are going much better.
Maybe someday I can give a positive report, you know the one that goes something like...."all of a sudden I felt I could really fly to the finish line?"
For now, it's a battle!

3 comments:

Sarah Haig said...

Humidity is kicking in too! Don't sweat it, just keep on truckin along! It will click soon. I am sure of it!

WendyCity Productions said...

Remember what I told you when I saw you in the park last weekend? Running is like golf. You never know what sort of game you'll have from one day to the next. The difference is, there's no club to throw and/or kick when you've had a bad run! And tomorrow? Well, it's another chance to do better.

Soapin' Cindy said...

So good to see you blogging again Sam! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Great to see you running too!