Monday, August 20, 2007

Thanks Jerry; Mystery Unfolding

A public, indeed global internet THANK YOU to a fellow runner named Jerry Olsen who called 911 early Saturday, August 4th to get the paramedics to me in time to save my life.

The mystery is unfolding as to the names of angels who swooped in on me when I went down that Saturday morning on the Chicago Lakefront running trail and despite my current bit befuddled state of mind, I love a good mystery.

A public think you too to Sue Burkwald for passing along the info of Jerry's quick thinking and good deed.

"Bambi" asked me a long time ago if I believed in angels.

Yep, I sure do. That lifeguard and nurse were busy helping me that morning too and deserve at least a big heartfelt shout out!

I want to do more but am at a bit of a loss for words right now.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sam - I read about you on Red's blog and reading about your ordeal gave me chills. I know personally of one other person that defied those 1% odds - my father. The two of you indeed have angels looking out for you my dear. I'm so glad you're ok and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!