Friday, July 20, 2007

I Was Thinking

When I run in high humidity, let's say 80 percent and 80 degrees does that run add more to my endurance basket than say the same run at 40 percent humidity and 80 degrees?

All I hear about running in heat and humidity is to slow the pace down but let's say I run the same pace in the different conditions. Does a 5 mile run in the high humidity count as a 7 mile run? I hope so because I ran a 7 miler this past Tuesday and thought I would puke for sure so that bastard better have been worth at least 10 on a normal day.

This is the kind of crazy shit I think about at work and when I'm running.

I think I need to get a life and a friend to talk to or something.

1 comment:

Soapin' Cindy said...

Hmmm...I've thought about this stuff too. Higher humidity means perceived greater effort. Gosh, I feel like I'm running a nine minute pace, but then I look down at my watch and realize that I'm doing a ten minute pace when the humidity is higher. But I'm of the mind to say that a five mile run is a five mile run, humid or not. It's just going to take me longer on a humid day.