Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Keep Trying-Don't Quit

Everyone has their own journey, personal dreams, strengths and weaknesses be it physical or mental. There are a lot of people who are faster than I, bigger, stronger and much more disciplined. But there is no one just like me and no one just like you. So we're unique...just like everyone else:)

I read your December 3, 2006 blog Red and it would be great if that were posted on some "help for smokers" website or something. It is very motivating and reminded me that I need to think and become a non-smoker, instead of continue to smoke and wish I were a non-smoker. I'm having a hard time growing up, but I'll get there.

And, yes I agree that it's a bit puzzling how and especially why some people smoke and run. I've been asked about that many, many times and all I can say is that I run slow. A young trainer told me several years ago and these were his exact words, "you sir, are a genetic freak." Still not sure if I like that label. But I'm just weird and I've accepted that. I will say though that I enjoy people, even like some of them and mean no harm to anyone.

I just got in from a seven mile run on the Lakefront and the weather was picture perfect, nice sunshine, cool breeze and 70 degrees F. Yes, that's unusual for Chicago. I've never heard anyone say they moved here for the weather but we do get a few days here and there to brag about. I'll have to get off my butt in the future and get this blog set up for pics, get a cool camera and show off some of my running friends and my personal running havens.

Running on asphalt and concrete isn't my idea of a running mecca but when I keep my head up and my mind in a good place, it's a pretty nice world around here.

I've been running and working out for around 15 years, have heard about and experienced a lot of training programs and the reality is most of them are good, providing I get off my butt and get into action.

The bottom line for me whether it be starting a training or exercise program, addressing a habit, addiction, vice or whatever you want to call them is to keep trying and don't quit.

Setbacks are inevitable...giving up is not an option!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last line says it all! Love ya!

Soapin' Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.