Monday, July 17, 2006

Legend In My Mind


Okay here I go with this blog business. My nephew Caleb got me into this and I'm a true rookie but willing to learn. Will add something brilliant soon.
This is me on the left in white hat at the finish line at my first marathon at the first annual Suzuki Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego California in the spring of 1998.
One of my running buddies Larry White is on the right and beat me by 2 or 3 seconds. Well, he was 3 or 4 years younger than I at the time.
I was 54 then and fast!
Think I'm slowing down or maybe it's the heat that's zapping me. Am training now for my 6th marathon, assuming I survive the summer here in the windy city. It's not going too great right now. Will see what happens.

4 comments:

Caleb said...

Good to have in the world of the Blog. I think....no...I know you survived the summer and you're doing Great!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a stud big brother!!!Now you are a blogger as well as a jogger! Oh, Oh! You are great in my book. Margie

Anonymous said...

Sam!
You've come out of retirement! Peter and I were planning a break-in to bust you out of the home. Great to hear you are training again. How's that going?
Are you still off the tobacco? That's the only thing standing between you and Boston, my friend.
I'd like to say I have started training for a race I agreed to in January, but the truth is I have only started *thinking* about training for this race in January. I'll get it started one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Daddyo! Onward and upward! Love you.