Saturday, December 22, 2018

Yoga And Wisdom



Yoga and wisdom?
Okay, look not every yoga teacher can be 80 years old, do handstands, full lotus or scorpion and simultaneously offer fountains of life altering platitudes of faith or dramatic/mind boggling stories.
I bring this up because I just read an article on Yoga Journal online that was critical of today's yoga, the beautiful bodies doing asanas on a beach and the myriad of yoga selfies on IG and other social hot spots.
I go to a yoga class nearly every day and many of the yoga teachers are young enough to be my kids and even grandkids. Also, all of them are beautiful.
Not all of them constantly recite from the sutras.
But do you know what they do?
They welcome me, smile at me, are respectful of me and encourage me to push through many times difficult obstacles. They treat me as an equal.
And you know something?
That to me is the greatest wisdom there is and it is all of the wisdom I need shared with me. None of what they feed to me in a yoga class is bullshit! Well. Almost none of it! 😂
There.
I said it. That's my voice. Read it and weep. Or not.
Happy Holidays! 🙏

No comments: