Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas, harvest and Pickles

My number one son tells me they wrapped up harvest yesterday so that was great to hear. I'm sure that's a relief since it was such a long drawn out affair this year.
This was always kind of a special time of the year when I was a kid because harvest was over and each Christmas eve my dad would put out extra straw bedding for the animals. There was the anticipation of Santa's arrival and what he would bring and the smell of fresh pine needles in the living room from the newly decorated Christmas tree. It was a lot less hectic or stressful than the busy farming days during the summer and fall.
Apparently my daughter-in-law and number two son's kitten Pickles likes the Christmas season too. I was over checking on the kittens one day last week while the building maintenance crew did their thing. I'm told Pickles gets kind of nervous when strangers are around but for whatever reason he and I get along just fine. He even jumped up on my lap and purred a bit but his favorite lounging spot was under the Christmas tree.
Guess Pickles is a party or holiday cat at heart!

No comments: